Check out the ASEM-News: #MODELASEM9
The ASEM, the Asia-Europe Meeting, is an intergovernmental process that fosters dialogue and cooperation between Asia and Europe. It comprises 53 partners including 30 European and 21 Asian countries, the European Union and the ASEAN Secretariat.
What is Model ASEM?
Model ASEM is your first-hand introduction to the exciting world of diplomacy, negotiation and international relations. Being a simulation of the ASEM Foreign Ministers' Meeting (ASEMFMM), at the Model ASEM you have the chance to step into the shoes of ASEM Foreign Ministers and along with other students, debate and exchange perspectives on current political and bi-regional issues.
Your benefits of participating at the 9th Model ASEM:
- ASEM provides you with a platform to engage with the ASEM process and personally meet with your Foreign Minister
- ASEM offers you the opportunity to fine-tune your skills in the fields of diplomacy, negotiation, consensus-building and public speaking
- ASEM enhances your understanding of the ASEM process and Asia-Europe relations and opens a network of Asia- Europe enthusiasts
When and where?
Madrid, Spain between 11-16 December 2019, in conjunction with the 14th ASEM Foreign Ministers' Meeting (ASEMFMM14).
Are you interested? This is what you need to know for your application:
- Application deadline: Monday, 12th August 2019 (GMT 23:59)
- You should be a citizen of any of the 51 Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Partner countries, aged between 18-30 and a student at any level (undergraduate, graduate, etc.) and from any discipline.
- You should have a strong command of English (written and verbal) and sincere interest in international and Asia-Europe relations.
- Selection Criteria:
o Originality of the motivational statement
o Quality of the thematic argumentation and presentation
o Proven experience with and/or expressed interest in Asia-Europe relations
o Current or past extra-curricular (and/or professional) activities
The application outcome will be announced by mid-September 2019. 150 participants will be selected.
The 51 Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Partner countries are listed here.