The objective of the call is to bring together Erasmus+ students and alumni to organize Professional Capacity Building activities facilitating contacts and meetings between private sector and international talents, in order to promote opportunities of professional development, employment and internships.
Geographical scope of the activities eligible for funding
The activities of this type can be organized in the Erasmus+ programme countries. For the list of eligible countries, please check here.
Who is Eligible for Applying?
Any member of the three Organizations constituting the ESAA Credit Mobility Strand (ESN, garagErasmus, OCEANS Network) can apply for funding. Although only one person is required as a contact point, groups are encouraged to apply, as long as any member of the group is a member of one of the three above mentioned organizations.
Specific objective and activities
Objectives of the call are to promote professional development as well as the opportunity of meetings between private and public sector and the international students.
Examples of activities that can be organized with the funding:
Study visits to companies and institutions where participants can learn more about career and educational opportunities they offer.
Networking events helping participants to explore career options and goals by meeting more experienced individuals.
Workshops aiming to foster professional development - the topics might include soft skills training, career planning, leadership.
How to apply
Simply fill out the Application Form and send it to the ESAA Working Group: cms-career-opportunitiesesaa-eu org
Timeline and rules of procedure
- Applications are accepted until 30 September 2016.
- Evaluations of the applications are made by the Evaluation Committee by 15th of the month following the one when the application was placed and they will be notified by the 30th of the month.
- Events must take place by 31 October 2016 at the latest.
- The funding will not be given directly to the organizer. For any relevant expense (e.g. bookings), ICUnet.AG will be responsible.
- Costs incurred directly by the organizers (as agreed in the application) will be reimbursed by ICUnet.AG upon submission of the online reimbursement form available on the ESAA website together with all originals of the receipts accounting for the events expenses - that must be submitted by mail within 2 weeks after the event.
- A news item (one page) including three pictures must be submitted to: (i) the ESAA Communication Team (communicationesaa-eu org); (ii) Evaluation Committee: (cms-career-opportunitiesesaa-eu org); and (iii) Service provider ESAA: (serviceesaa-eu org) within two weeks after the completion of the event.
- The news item and the pictures submitted must follow the co-branding rules available here.
- The maximum amount that can be applied for is EUR 5000. We support all sizes of events, including small scale events. One of the main criteria for evaluation is cost-efficiency and the budget should be balanced according to the number of participants and expected impact.
- Events are being pre-financed by the organizer him/herself. ESAA service provider ICUnet.AG will support the organizers and can take over bookings above EUR 200. However, the applicant must provide the correct bank transfer and invoice details, and it will take minimum one week to actually make the transfer. Small amounts must be pre-financed by the organizer and will be reimbursed afterwards. Please check here the reimbursement rules for self-organized events.
- ICUnet.AG will support the members with the promotional material used for the event, as well as technical event management.
- Events jointly organized and co-funded with the ESAA Degree Mobility Strand (EMA) are also encouraged.
Make sure to plan the event accordingly. To qualify for reimbursement, original receipts of expenses must be mailed to ICUnet.AG immediately after the event. Please note that ICUnet.AG will double check the proposed budget allocation and, if necessary, it will need to be adapted by the applicant.
Tips for the organisation of the event
- Have clear goals and outcomes
- Think of an inclusive and broad topic interesting to a lot of organizations members
- Plan in advance: contact the Communications team communicationesaa-eu org to promote the event on ESAA website and social media at least two weeks before organizing it
- Use a combination of formal/content/information elements of the event and informal activities for networking and getting to know each other
- Encourage post-event communication/collaboration
- Include a 10% safety fund in your budget planning
- Event gadgets and other promotional materials should be included in the budget or requested directly to ICUnet.AG directly to avoid extra-budgetary costs
- Consider the approved budget when announcing travel reimbursement, check the reimbursement rules
- When organising a workshop, create a comprehensible structure beforehand, have concrete exercises prepared and make aims of workshops clear
If you have an idea for an event but have never organized anything similar, contact us: cms-career-opportunitiesesaa-eu org
Contacts and feedback
For more information:
Agata Gieroba agata.gierobaesaa-eu org
Viviana Premazzi viviana.premazziesaa-eu org
Evaluation Committee: cms-career-opportunitiesesaa-eu org
Service provider ESAA: serviceesaa-eu org