Edu VanHub: Media Literacy Interactive Video courses
10 online, interactive and innovative video series about Media Literacy, Media Safety, Blogging/Vlogging, Social Media and Erasmus+. The central target group is young people from disadvantaged backgrounds, however the projectis designed to be reachable and accessiblefor everyone.
The project was designed and proposed by Gevorg Harutyunyan (the leader of garagErasmus4Yerevanorganisation).’’Edu VideoHub: Media Literacy Interactive Video courses’’project is an online continuation of Edu VanHub project. Digital media world is developing day by day and becoming more challenging for the young people especially for those who live in rural isolated areas or the ones who aren’t able to pay for educational fees. Those groups are often excluded from many educational opportunities. This project helpssocially disadvantaged young people to build their media literacy skills through innovative and interactivevideo courses.Edu VanHub educational hub has already been active in 4 countries and it was right time to convert the project into online format and become more reachable and accessible.It's fourth –online phase of the project. Before this project, garagErasmus4Yerevanteam has already implemented Pilot, International and Intensive phases.
All the objectives are reached according to the proposal of the project. The results are quite satisfying.
- To make the project sustainable and resilient (Cluster 4: Capacity Building)
- To help the beneficiaries acquire skills of targeting topics, making video blogs and to promoting the product on social media platforms (Cluster 3: Increasing Social Inclusion, Empowerment, and Participation Component)
- To make high quality video course reachable literally for everyone (the target group is 16-25 y.o. but everyone is welcomed to watch) (Cluster 3: Increasing Social Inclusion, Empowerment, and Participation Component)
- To organise a small competition among the participants ofthe project in this way to motivate them to complete video course and watch all the series (Cluster 3: Increasing Social Inclusion, Empowerment, and Participation Component)
- To facilitate access to Erasmus+ (Cluster 2: Spreading Erasmus+ and Widening Participation)
- To promote Erasmus+ through interactive Erasmus+ sessions (Cluster 2: Spreading Erasmus+ and Widening Participation)
- To create a new digital platform (Cluster 4: Capacity Building)
The mainpartners of the project were garagErasmus foundation, Easy Living films studio,European Leadership and Debate Academy (ELDA), Armenian Art Salon media/artinitiativeand ESN Yerevan.garagErasmus4Yerevanpaid special attention to creating specific marketing and branding strategy. The project was promoted mainly on online platforms. The number of the registered participants was 201, but the videos have already had more than 6400 views and this number is still progressing. The information about theproject is still spreading on the internet and the project is reaching new people out every day. To motivate the youngsters to complete the course we organised a competition: the winners of the competition received 2-days fully covered media literacy master classes and other types gifts related to media.
The added value of the project was involvement in the project activities of the active participants of the previous phases of the project and international Erasmus+ students. Also, the cooperation with individuals who have learned about Edu VanHub project on Social Media and bought gifts for the winners of the project’s competition.
by Gevorg Harutyunyan
Yerevan, Armenia 04 July 2022
edited by the service provider