Erasmus For All Project!
Erasmus For All is a youth-led project that advocates for the inclusion of refugee youth in the Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degrees funded by the European Commission. This is achieved mainly through a sequence of informative sessions and capacity-building workshops that prepares and increases the chance of acceptance for refugees residing in Lebanon, aspiring to embark on cross-culturally rewarding academic journeys.
- Informed refugee youth residing in Lebanon about the different programms available under the European Education and Culture Executive Agency that promotes different Masters programms (Erasmus Mundus Catalogue).
- Provided capacity-building workshops on CV writing, interview skills, personal statements.
Along the way, we:
- Promoted European higher education and intercultural understanding through cooperation with third-world countries.
- Increased the number and quality of educational services provided to refugee youth residing in refugee camps.
- Bridged the communication gaps detected among young refugees in regards to the Erasmus Mundus Association as well as the master and internship opportunities offered by it.
- Increased the level of awareness about the benefits of the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship programs among youth refugees.
- Provided proper capacity building by equipping young refugees with educational and professional skills to become fully eligible for the scholarship programms.
- Created a supportive space as well as professional orientation and guidance for youth refugees.
- Helped young refugees become active agents of change in research and practice by exchanging much-needed knowledge in a Western-dominated education system.
- Increased the number of participants in the Erasmus Mundus Programs in the year 2022-2023.
Things we insured to do:
- Served all refugee youth fairly without any judgement or exclusion from the project.
- Linked all participants to proper desirable educational opportunities.
- Ensured to avoid all forms of discrimination, favouritism, and/or violence that could affect the participants during the implementation process.
- Coordinated professionally and authentically with host organisations that are willing to support Erasmus For All Project for the benefit of all its participants.
- Linkedin: Erasmus For All
- Instagram: Erasmus_forall
More information on the sessions
We conducted 5 sessions, 16 people attended in each of the 4 sessions, more than 16 in one of the sessions (in Tripoli, Al Baddawi refugee camp)
written by Manal Makkieh and Rami Rmeileh
edited by the service provider
Beirut, Lebanon, 05.08.2022