ESAA Project “Edu VanHub - Media Literacy Workshops for Inclusion of Socially Disadvantaged Youth in Armenia. Intensive phase”
The ESAA Project “Edu VanHub - Media Literacy Workshops for Inclusion of Socially Disadvantaged Youth in Armenia. Intensive phase”, implemented by Gevorg Harutyunyan, aims at developing digital skills of media literacy and to introduce the opportunities within Erasmus+ through interactive workshops on media literacy.
A new intensive phase will be scaled up and more objectives will be reached. The main objective of the project is to develop digital skills of media literacy and to introduce the opportunities within Erasmus+ through interactive workshops on media literacy. After the successful implementation of the 2 previous phases, the organization receivied numerous requests from young people, NGOs, organizations and students to join the Edu VanHub project, and the project also has the support of previous participants and current volunteers. The project will cooperate both with local and international organizations and individuals. Based on the previous successful experience, the project will actively use many kinds of visual materials such as brochures, booklets, promotional car stickers, t-shirts, social media ads etc. The organizational team members have various professions and skills and will fully realize their background experience in this project, also gender balance will be kept. For fulfilling the principal objectives, the project identifies 6 dimensions of main activities.
1) Activities that help identify and communicate with the partners/stakeholders (pre-planning, planning).
2) Activities that help organize the project (planning, start).
3) Activities that help to promote Erasmus+ and facilitate the understanding of individual mobility/access to Erasmus+ opportunities (awareness raising, accessibility).
4) Activities that deliver workshops on basic digital literacy and raise their interest in education and self-development in general (social inclusion, empowerment and participation).
5) Activities that are targeted at developing media material/results.
6) Activities that help evaluate the project and raise awareness about it (evaluation, dissemination, summarization).
The outputs of the project are media educated and motivated teenagers, a documentary movie, photo/video material, a website, presentations, video blogs of the participants.
Finally, the overall aim of the project is to boost digital innovation among disadvantaged teens and their communities, to get them involved in educational and cultural processes locally and internationally.
21 July 2021